My name is Evelina and I am a book blogger and reviewer. Let’s get the boring out of the way – I’m in my 30s, I work as a digital marketer. In my spare time, I work on this blog. In the past, I have been part of a lot of communities to help out new book bloggers, but right now, as time has become more limited, I’m just a reader and occasional blogger.
About review copies and my availability:
I am generally not open to review copy requests now, but do try your luck and message me. Very occasionally, I’ll accept a review copy! I still do request on NetGalley and Edelweiss sometimes too, but I try to limit myself.
The way I review now is this:
- if I liked the book, Amazon and Goodreads reviews will be submitted, but a blog review may not
- I post a review on the blog as well if the book has been stellar or otherwise caught my attention – needed support or had an important, relevant topic, or just was close to my heart. Most of the time these books will have a star rating above 4
- books lower than 4 stars rarely make it on my blog. I want to make this clear – if I reviewed your book and gave it less than 4 stars, keep in mind that there was never any promise to put it on the blog. Time is limited. Life is short.
- But either way, I always post Amazon or Goodreads reviews! Books I loved may also appear on the Instagram.
- The only case when I may NOT post a review on Amazon is when I have DNFed it or gave it 2 stars or less. In that case, I sometimes refrain from posting the review on Amazon, cause it might do more harm than good. However, I will post some 1 or 2 star reviews to Amazon if they book has been particularly problematic.
- If I DNF, I do not rate. That is why I don’t post DNF reviews on Amazon. However, I post DNF reviews on Goodreads, without the rating and explanation on why I DNFed.
As for reviews, my preferred genres are general fiction, fantasy and scifi, as well as nonfiction on important topics like equality, disability, fair treatment of individuals. I also love middle grade reads. If you wish to contact me for reviews, these are the genres I might accept review copies in:
- general and literary
- fantasy (but not epic fantasy please – princesses, knights, elves and dragons are a no generally)
- middle grade
DO NOT contact me with review requests for these genres, because I do not really review them (at least for ARCs):
- horror and gore
- anything erotic
- zombies or vampires
- murder or mysteries