My name is Evelina and I am a book blogger and reviewer. Let’s get the boring out of the way – I’m in my 30s, I work as a digital marketer. In my spare time, I work on this blog. In the past, I have been part of a lot of communities to help out new book bloggers, but right now, as time has become more limited, I’m just a reader and occasional blogger.
About review copies and my availability:
I am generally not open to review copy requests now, but do try your luck and message me. Very occasionally, I’ll accept a review copy! I still do request on NetGalley and Edelweiss sometimes too, but I try to limit myself. I am most likely to accept middle grade books, books without violence, some nonfiction.
The way I review now is this:
- If I do not respond to your review request, I apologize (and it probably means a no.) I read them all, but I’ve lately stopped replying to the ones I don’t accept. There can be so many, and it’s awkward! But please know that I appreciate you sending me a request, so THANK YOU!
- If I liked the book, Goodreads reviews will be submitted, but a blog review may not;
- Some books may get featured on my Instagram; (copies with a color cover in the epub file are more likely to get featured)
- I am unable to post to Amazon currently due to their “spend x amount a month” rule for reviewers.
- I post a review on the blog if the book has been stellar or otherwise caught my attention – needed support or had an important, relevant topic, or just was close to my heart. Most of the time these books will have a star rating above 4. Sometimes I don’t post on the blog even for 5 star books because I am too busy, too tired or have a personal reason.
- IF I ACCEPTED YOUR BOOK, IT MAY NOT GET REVIEWED ON THE BLOG. Time is limited. Life is short.
- If I accepted your book, it may not get reviewed for a long time (months; a year or more. I have a full time job, you guys, and it’s not reviewing.)
- If I accepted your book, it may get DNF’ed. If I DNF, I do not rate, but I post a DNF review on Goodreads, without the rating and with an explanation on why I DNFed.
- If I gave your book a low rating or DNFed, I might not get back to you with my feedback. I’m sorry, it’s very awkward to contact an author and say “so I gave your book 2 stars…” I’m sure it’s awkward for the author too, so I just don’t do it.
- Books lower than 4 stars rarely make it on my blog. I want to make this clear – if I reviewed your book and gave it less than 4 stars, keep in mind that there was never any promise to put it on the blog.
If that hasn’t scared you off, please do send me a message! 😀
As for reviews, my preferred genres are general fiction, scifi, as well as nonfiction on important topics like equality, disability, fair treatment of individuals. I also love middle grade reads. If you wish to contact me for reviews, these are the genres I might accept review copies in:
- general and literary
- some fantasy (but not epic fantasy please – princesses, knights, elves and dragons are a NO generally)
- middle grade
DO NOT contact me with review requests for these genres, because I do not really review them (at least for ARCs):
- horror and gore
- epic fantasy (again, princesses, knights and dragons, in most cases)
- thrillers, especially violent ones
- anything erotic
- zombies or vampires
- murder or mysteries