Well, this has been a week… I could make a checkers board out of the things that happened! For every good thing there’s a bad thing, but of course, for every bad thing, there’s a good thing… So quite a week! And also, I have something really important to ask you. If you’re following me on WordPress, can you please, please PLEASE follow me on Bloglovin’ too? Because right now, my Jetpack is broken, and my WordPress followers are not seeing my posts on the reader or getting notifications. I don’t know how long it will take me to solve it, but you can still see my posts on Bloglovin’! So please, be kind and loving and follow me there, cause now I’m fretting that all my work is going to waste.
But sad things aside, let’s see my checker board of things that happened this week!
- well… I realized my Jetpack broke so nobody’s getting post notifications. Sad thing.
- I got on Paperfury’s blog tour though! Happy thing.
- My Instagram broke (and I think, so did everyone else’s?) I can’t make it share posts to Twitter. I also can’t see to be able to grab the embed codes! Has this been happening to you? Instagram, get your stuff together!! Sad thing.
- Despite my Jetpack actually being broken, my follows are going up. Ironic, but a happy thing.
- I had a real meltdown at the start of the week. I had to fit five working days into three because I was going to a conference on Thursday/Friday. Couple that with two nights of intermittent sleep, and I was back with a sick throat, dehydrated and horribly exhausted. Then I found out about the blog being broken. I literally cried buckets at that point and my health suffered quite a blow. The worst thing I was worried about though wasn’t that MY posts are not being distributed – it was the fact that I was letting down people – Cait who’s blog tour I just agreed to be on and all the #NewBloggers that I’m introducing this week. So please, please, PLEASE – share my posts! I really need your help right now. And if you’re not following me on Bloglovin’ yet, please do so. I am really sad that my followers won’t be alerted to my new posts! So… Sad thing.
- But! Despite said stress and overwork, I did end up going to the conference, and it was great. Happy thing!
- But due to it all, I am behind on my most recent ARC and my buddy read with Jackie @ Death By Tsundoku. Sad thing.
- I also settled on doing a Q&A with Cait @ Paperfury next week! Super happy thing! (Expect it on the 19th.)
- I won a giveaway. But I live in the wrong country for it. So I have unwon it. Sad, sad thing. It was signed as well. Just #international Evelina things. I guess I might have not noticed it wasn’t INTL.
- And in regards to the conference, something really funny and cool happened (definitely a happy thing). As Instagram is broken, I am embedding the tweet, to read the full story, just go to the tweet and click the Instagram link. It’s worth it!
So have I got the story for you! As you might know, I was in a tech/business/creativity conference for the past few days of the last week. Despite it being completely unconnected with books, a lot of bookish stuff actually happened…https://t.co/oDDkRUS2y5#login2018 pic.twitter.com/p5HOvcxT4I
— Evelina | Avalinah (@AvalinahsBooks) June 10, 2018
~ Last Week On The Blog ~
Well, I suppose the good thing about the blog follows breaking is that I’m actually finally reducing my posts per week, and so overloading myself less? I don’t see the point of posting too often, if I’ll be losing a portion of my views. Nonetheless! Quality over quantity, as I had two reviews of books I LOVED last week: Spinning Silk, an Asian folklore inspired book that was really really cool (check it out!!) and of course, Cait’s A Thousand Perfect Notes, which I adored with all my heart, and you can see why here. Both books recommended!
~ Coming Up Next Week~
I’m also incredibly excited about the review for The Freeze-Frame Revolution, cause if you’re a scifi fan? You better just pre-order it BEFORE my review, it was that great. THAT GREAT! And of course, possibly even more excited about the second edition of the #NewBloggersWelcome – please, everyone, share the #NewBloggers post when it comes out on Friday! Remember, you’re not doing this for me – you’re doing this for the newbies that need all of your love and support!
~ Little Book Haul ~
Originally, I only hauled two books this week. But since last week I did my monthly wrap-up, I didn’t get a chance to showcase these. So this is a two-week haul!
~ In The Bookish Community ~
Chloe @ Book Dragons wrote this wonderful post about how sometimes predictable books are great, and I totally agree!
Danielle @ Books, Vertigo and Tea celebrates her second blogoversary and has a giveaway!
Joce @ Write Through the Night posted the blog awards winners and OMG I won a category!
So how has your week been? And what are you reading? What did you haul?
I’m Evelina and I blog about books that made an impression on me. I love middle grade, women’s, scifi and some literary too.