Tough week! And it flew by, as usual. Nothing too special I can update you on this week, but here’s everything in a nutshell:
- quite a few audiobooks, which helps in dealing with anxiety quite well, as it turns out!
- a lot of book review requests (or maybe I just cleaned out my email, finally…)
- my first Audible review request, yay!!
- unfortunately, as of now, my computer needs to be restarted every 30 minutes because something is wrong with the wifi and ethernet controller and it just forgets the internet. I think it’s the Fall Creators update that sparked this, and I can’t roll it back anymore either. GEE THANKS, MICROSOFT.
- another funny thing is that it seems so many people are now getting their books approved on Edelweiss after changing up their profiles, following last week’s post, but… I have been declined for pretty much every single one since xD karma is odd..?
- reduced goals rock!! I have reduced last year’s goal pretty much two times, and yet I find that I am reading at last year’s pace, minus the stress. Good decision.
Unfortunately, real life, anxiety and blogging responsibilities are making me think I need a hiatus – otherwise this blog might disappear off the face of the Earth completely. I don’t think I’ll be taking a hiatus, since I just can’t see myself doing that, but I am planning to post one less post for a few weeks. That should take the edge off, cause I was struggling with the number of posts.
~ Last Week On The Blog ~
This week, we had two reviews – The Plague Charmer and The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock. We also had our typical #NewBloggers 101 post about how to get more comments and not get lost in the complications of book blogger etiquette:
~ Coming Up Next Week~
So you might have realized that I’m struggling with time, real life and posts right now. So I don’t actually have the next week planned out yet *inner organized blogger dies* I only have one post scheduled currently, and it’s a review for a book I truly loved! I hope you will check it out, it’s definitely worth the attention.
~ Little Book Haul ~
So three of those are review requests which I dug out of my email this week! I would say it was a good week, huh. I’m super excited about the Audible book, it’s my first. And also the Feathered Serpent – the myths of Mexico. I’m so sorry this post is not any better and more informative because I am just a half baked little chicken nugget today (this week… this month…) So just look at the pretty books:
~ In The Bookish Community ~
Gayathri @ Elgee Writes talks about why she follows blogs and how you could make sure they’re easy to follow
Shruti @ This Is Lit cracks us up yet again with a mock-article / interview of a mysoginistic writer who can’t write women
So how has your week been? And what are you reading? What did you haul?
I’m Evelina and I blog about books that made an impression on me. I love middle grade, women’s, scifi and some literary too.