Where did this week go? What did I do? And don’t I say this every week? A lot of impossible to answer questions, it seems, but you know what? Let’s try:
- I did not haul books this week o.o
- NO BUT DID YOU HEAR THAT
- I DID NOT HAUL BOOKS!!!!!!
- Regardless, this post will not be completely haul-less, as I didn’t post last week’s haul due to my monthly update last week
- I also had the worst ever teaching experience in class this week. My brain shorted, or whatever happened, and I just NOPED out for most of the class. I hope this never happens again! The most. Awkward. Class. EVER. Ugh.
- I somehow read 3 books though?? My reading speeds have gone nuts.
- My boyfriend should be getting a review copy of a game, and he’s so overjoyed that he keeps asking myself how I manage not to always be hyper when I get approved for books 😀
- I have somewhat returned to the blogosphere
- Although I’m still struggling with visiting you all back, cause every time I log in there’s 100 comments? Miracles!
- We also celebrated my boyfriend’s birthday this week, and it was adorable. We went to this one cafe which is literally just like another country. It’s run by mostly English people, and it was honestly like going on a trip. It was really cute and nostalgic for my boyfriend too, who hasn’t been in his own country (England) for about two years now. We spent like 4 hours there, just sitting, drinking tea and relaxing. Best Friday ever ❤
Here, have a photo from there:
~ Last Week On The Blog ~
Last week I posted two reviews – The Girl in the Blue Shoes and Heart Berries. The first one is a literary thriller/mystery (which is currently free on Amazon, I believe!) with truly amazing writing that I can’t recommend enough, and the second one is an #OwnVoices memoir that touches on growing up as an indigenous person in the wreck of the Western world, going through break ups, PTSD and depression. And, of course, I posted another item in the #NewBloggers 101 series: this time, part 2 of the Organized and Efficient Blogger posts – on Scheduling and writing efficiently.
~ Coming Up Next Week~
Next week I’ll be posting twice, minus the Sunday post – there will be a buddy read review of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, a book I greatly enjoyed, and the third part of the efficient blogger posts – on scheduling your social media posts and networking. I feel like this is my favorite post of the three! So I invite you to check it out on Friday.
~ Little Book Haul ~
So I didn’t haul anything this week! I don’t think that has EVER happened yet, after I started blogging! Yayyy!! However, I am sharing my haul from last week, as like I said, I didn’t share the books because I had my monthly wrapup post. Have you seen these books around? I grabbed Between Two Thorns because I love Emma Newman’s writing and it was on sale. The Last Astronaut I saw on some newsletter, I think, and I went like WTF, when I saw that cover 😀 then it turned out that it was free, and the reviews were really good – so why not? And Playing to the Gods is a NetGalley grab that I saw on someone’s blog in their updates some time ago. It’s a nonfiction about how the battle between two actresses and their acting styles influenced the way we perceive acting right now. This book isn’t due for ages! But I greatly look forward to reading it.
~ In The Bookish Community ~
Vicky @ Vicky Who Reads shares an awesome post about how a 5 star rating does NOT compensate for a 1 star rating, because MATHS, PEOPLE
Elizabeth @ Redgal Musings shares a discussion about the fact that yes, extroverted bookworms exist!
BookStormGirl @ Book Storm shares a really funny post about what happens when you feed YA quotes to a chatbot
Erica @ Honest Chaotic shares how she saved hundreds on books this year, and YES, some of it works for internationals too!
So how has your week been? And what are you reading? What did you haul?