As usual, the week blasts through like it’s a single blink, and I’m lost as to what happened. This week, like any other, had both good and bad parts to it, summarily:
- my boyfriend is awesome, and it’s easy to tell you why: one brownie, one tiramisu, one batch of morangues, and I’m not counting all the regular food he always makes for me. *please do not take this list as a comprehensive list of why he’s awesome xD
- He also asked me when we are writing that co-review of The Assassin’s Apprentice, and that’s just so unbelievably cute ❤️
- I found out something awesome, which is that Kimberlee Ann Bastian will be having a blog tour for the sequel of The Breedling and the City in the Garden and I’m invited to participate in spring!
- The #NewBloggers 101 post series is well under way, and I’ve started talking with all our lovely bloggers in the community who are willing to help draft guest posts to help our with the series! My biggest thanks to all of you who are participating, you know who you are ❤️
- Unfortunately, I have spent a good half of the week feeling extremely tired, headachey and unable to cope with the deluge of work and blog stuff. I apologize if I haven’t replied to comments!
~ Last Week On The Blog ~
Last week we had a fun buddy-read format review of Dumplin’ with my friend Sim @ Flipping Through The Pages, then we had a #NewBloggers 101 post on How to make a good profile on Edelweiss or NetGalley, along with Lucy’s @ That Book Gal post about how to start out with Edelweiss. And lastly, we had a list of books for when you have those cold lonelies. So pick and choose content from this week, there’s one for nearly every mood 🙂
~ Coming Up Next Week~
Next week is no less exciting! We’ll start it off with a review of The Plague Charmer, a very atmospheric book about the middle ages that I loved, then we will have a review of The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock, a book that’s coming out soon and that I also adored, and what week would be complete without another installment of #NewBloggers 101? This time we’ll be talking about how to get comments and what you should know about the book blogger commenting etiquette, and my post will be done with the help of the lovely Shruti @ This Is Lit! Exciiiitiiiiiing!!
~ Little Book Haul ~
I have a smaller haul this time again! Whee xD The Girl in the Blue Shoes is an ARC I got from the author, it’s creepy, literary and short and I AM EXCITE. The Ways of my Grandmothers is also a very exiciting title – it should teach me more about the ways of the Blackfoot Indian women, and I got (a print copy!!) through Nicole’s @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction giveaway! Nicole, thank you again, it has safely arrived! Another quite exciting title this week is one I grabbed off of Edelweiss, it was download (not even request!) and it’s an exiting scifi title that comes out at the end of the year, titled Tomorrow’s Factory: Collected Fiction.
~ In The Bookish Community ~
Aimee @ Aimee, Always talks about all those instances of reader’s guilt we have. It’s so true!
Sim @ Flipping Through The Pages the importance of making an About page and how one should best achieve thatinstructs us on . #NewBloggers should read!
Liz @ Lost in Literature tells us about how to spice up a book review! I liked this post because I had been planning to write a longer version of something like that for the #NewBloggers 101 series!
So how has your week been? And what are you reading? What did you haul?